New Delhi. Even two years after the start of the corona virus epidemic, thousands of cases of Kovid-19 are being registered everywhere in the world. With the rise of new forms of infection, there have been changes in the symptoms of Kovid. Initially, the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) described its main symptoms as fever, cough, loss or change in the ability to smell or taste. Now the recently updated guidelines from the NHS have also given information about other symptoms including swelling of the throat, stuffy or runny nose and headache. But what about some of its more obscure signs and symptoms? From skin lesions to hearing loss, data is increasingly showing that the symptoms of Kovid can be different from the common cold-cough or flu.
This is special in this news-
- skin symptoms
- Signs can be found from nails
- Hair loss can also be a symptom
- loss of hearing
1) Lesions on the skin Skin complaints associated with COVID are not uncommon. Rather, a study published in Britain in 2021 found that only one in five patients had a skin rash and no other symptoms. Kovid can affect the skin in many ways. Some people may experience a rash or rash on the skin while others may have a skin rash accompanied by irritation. Most of the symptoms of skin related covid may disappear after a few days or in some cases after a few weeks without requiring any special treatment. If there is a lot of burning or pain in the skin, then you can see a dermatologist who can prescribe a treatment like a cream.
Signs can be found from nails
2) Kovid Nails During any infection including SARS-CoV-2, our body naturally tries to tell how much pressure it is under. He may try to convey this in many ways, including through our nails. When there is a temporary blockage in the growth of nails due to physical pressure on the body, horizontal lines appear on the nails of the fingers. Horizontal white lines appear on the nails due to abnormal production of protein in the skin under the nail. The data on symptoms associated with the nails of Kovid is limited, but it is estimated that one to two percent of Kovid patients may have it.
Hair loss can also be a symptom
3) Hair fall Hair loss is probably a minor symptom of COVID-19, which occurs a month or more after infection. A study of nearly 6,000 people suffering from Kovid showed that about 48 percent of people reported hair loss as the most common problem after corona virus infection. It lasted longer in people who were severely infected.
loss of hearing
4) Hearing loss or tinnitus: As with other infections including flu and measles, covid has been seen to affect the adrenal cells of the ear, affecting hearing or tinnitus, in which There is a constant feeling of buzzing in the ear. In a study conducted on about 560 people, it was found that 3.1 percent of Kovid patients lost their hearing while 4.5 percent had tinnitus. Why all these symptoms? We do not understand exactly why these symptoms appear, but in fact inflammation has a great impact.
Inflammation acts as our body’s natural defense system against pathogens like SARS-CoV-2. It produces proteins called “cytokines”, which are important in controlling the activity of immune cells. The excessive production of these proteins in the form of inflammation caused by the corona virus can cause hearing loss or tinnitus in some people. It can also block the very small blood vessels that carry blood to other organs, including the ears, skin and nails.
4 strange symptoms of Covid-19 that you may not have heard, know about them